Here are some tips to help you avoid ruining your efforts during the holidays.
- Avoid cocktails that are high in carbohydrates. Opt instead for a low-carbohydrate wine, a spirit mixed with soda or a diet soda.
- Set a drinking limit, like a drink or two for the evening.
- Not getting enough sleep is doubly harmful in terms of weight loss. We are less resistant to temptation when we are tired.
- Hydrating yourself before and during feasting will make you feel full and you will be less likely to consume excess calories.
- There is butter on bread, vinaigrette on vegetables, sauce for meats. Cutting out condiments and dips can save you a lot of unnecessary calories.
- Don’t come on an empty stomach, the temptation will be stronger. Eating a protein before arriving at your event will give you a lot more control.
- If you’re going over your calorie limits or feel that you can’t live with healthy foods, don’t give up and get your confidence back. Keep your goal in mind.
- Get moving every day. Take advantage of your time off to go for a walk, play in the snow or even slide with your children.
- Above all, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy these beautiful moments.